Thursday, February 3, 2011

A milestone...

I'm going to change up the order I describe my week.

First up is Turkish. I hit a milestone with the language: I dreamt in Turkish for the first time this week. Every time this has happened in the past with other languages, it's marked a turning point in my learning. It was a complete dream that dealt with home matters (really, the dream was about fixing up the bunkhouse at my cabin and everything that entails). So that was exciting for me.

On the Teach Yourself Turkish front, I'll be finishing it within two weeks. I'd like to find a course that's completely in Turkish, similar to, say, "Stein på stein" in Norwegian. I thought that was an excellent course that brought me up a solid level all around: in vocabulary, comprehension and confidence in speaking. But I'm not aware of any Turkish equivalent, so I'm on the hunt for something along that line.

I'm continuing with the Polish novel Rzeź bezkręgowców. I've gone through two more chapters and am feeling comfortable with my reading level.

I'm continuing to watch Norwegian film. The film I saw this week was a horror film - something I normally don't watch - called Villmark. But I enjoyed it, if nothing else for the variety of accents in the film. There were two very different accents throughout the film. I still have a few more films to get through, but I'm going to need to head back to Norwegian-friendly video store territory for more within a couple weeks, I think.

On an unrelated note, I've decided to stay on at the cabin for the remainder of the winter. Am I crazy? A little, I suppose. But I've gone through the worst weather by now and it's only going to get better. Also, I really want to be around when the ice on the lake breaks up and melts. Everybody tells me that it's a feast for both the ears and the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment