Sunday, March 20, 2011

A relaxing week...

While last week was a busy one for language learning, this week was nice and relaxing. I'm chalking it up to the spring-like weather and my cabin fever getting the best of me. I still managed to get some things accomplished, though.

This week's Norwegian film was actually completely in Saami: Veiviseren, or Pathfinder. I obviously needed the subtitles for this - Norwegian-only. It was a good film, set in Arctic Norway a thousand years ago.

I also started to watch another Norwegian horror film - Hora - and never made it past the opening scene, which was extremely brutal. Maybe another time, but I just wasn't up for the sadistic gore.

I'm almost finished with Legendy Warszawskie. It's been a fun and easy read. My next book, which I'll have started by my next post is going to be Czarne Oceany. It's an original Polish Sci-Fi novel - a genre I like in any language. The language seems pretty approachable from the glance I gave it, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm still going through the third course in the
Türkçe Öğreniyoruz series. The Skype sessions are continuing nicely.

I have started to rely on both a website and a downloadable program from the site - Verbix - for Turkish verb conjugations. It's pretty useful, and quick. To tell the truth, I don't remember how long ago I found the site, or even how found it. But it's useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment