Saturday, January 14, 2012

Learning my first Georgian song

I mentioned in a previous post that one of my goals was to learn one popular Georgian song each month. After listening to many, many songs, I've decided on my first song to learn - it's "გაიღვიძა ბუნებამ" (Gaigviza Bunebam, meaning "Nature has awoken") by Mgzavrebi.

I chose this song for a couple reasons. Number one, it had to be singable with a memorable melody. I'm just not going to learn something that's not floating around in my head, and a memorable melody will easily stick. Second, I could find the lyrics online, written in Georgian, which is giving me some more reading practice.

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. It's got a pretty, yet easily singable and memorable melody and the song has recognizable and repeatable verses and choruses.

The Georgian music site I'd posted about earlier lets me download individual songs, so I can stick it on my mp3 player and listen to it offline.

In briefly looking at what Google Translate gives me, it looks like the song is mostly in the present tense, except for part of the refrain, so I consider that a plus for as early on as I am with the language.

Anyway, here are the full lyrics for the song. I found them here:

გაიღვიძა ბუნებამ,და გამოჩნდა ნაპირი
იმ ნაპირზე ნავია,ჩემი გამოგზავნილი,
ნავზე თეთრი თოლია,ფიქრებს გამოჰყოლია,
ჰარმონია ბუნების,სრული მელანქოლია.
მებადური ზღვაშია,მისი ბადე წყალშია,
ყურს არ უგდებს არავის,ის თავის სტიქიაშია,


გაიღვიძა ბუნებამ,და გამოჩნდა ნაპირი,
იმ ნაპირზე ნავია,ჩემი გამოგზავნილი.
მეთევზე,ნავი,ბადე,თოლი ა
ზღვა,ცა,ნაპირი ჩემი მგონია,
წუთები წამებს ვეღარ ეწევა,
ვერც დაეწევა, ასე მგონია,
ღრუბელი ღრუბელს თუ დაეჯახა,
წვიმა წამოვა, ასე მგონია,
მეთევზემ თევზი თუ დაიჭირა,
ვერც ცაც ეწეწვა,ასე მგონია,,,


გაიღვიძა ბუნებამ,და გამოჩნდა ნაპირი,
იმ ნაპირზე ნავია,ჩემი გამოგზავნილი,
გაიღვიძა ბუნებამ,და გამოჩნდა ნაპირი,
იმ ნაპირზე ნავია,ჩემი გამოგზავნილი

No comments:

Post a Comment